C1001 error with C++ version of TwoCoins example RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. I am new to Visual Studio 2015 and want to use Infer.NET with C++. Hence I tried to run the TwoCoins example in a C++ CLR console application but I get a C1001 error.

In order to keep this post short I've shortened the original TwoCoins example to the error relevant lines:

#include "stdafx.h"
    using namespace System;
    using namespace MicrosoftResearch::Infer::Models;

void TwoCoins()
    {
    	// The model
    	Variable<bool>^ firstCoin = Variable::Bernoulli(0.5)->Named("firstCoin");

}

int main()
    {
    	TwoCoins();
    	return 0;
    }

The corresponding error message:

Severity Code Description Project File Line
    Error C1001 An internal error has occurred in the compiler. ConsoleApplication5 C:\Users\Eric\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\ConsoleApplication5\ConsoleApplication5\ConsoleApplication5.cpp 8

I added the Runtime.Infer.dll and Compiler.Infer.dll as recommended on the Infer.NET website as well as setting the .NET framework to 4.6. Following the link of the error message ( https://msdn.microsoft.com/query/dev14.query?appId=Dev14IDEF1&l=EN-US&k=k%28C1001%29;k%28TargetFrameworkMoniker-.NETFramework ) I tried the different optimizers, without success. Commenting bits out in the error related line it seems that Variable::Bernoulli causes the error. I tried to find similar errors googling around without success.

This is probably a VS Newbie problem but any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Eric

Thursday, December 3, 2015 8:06 AM

All replies

• As the error message says, it's a bug in the C++ compiler.  Try asking on the C++ forum.
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 2:03 PM
    Owner