Plugin to display a form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All;

Below is my plugin code

if (((OptionSetValue)(context.InputParameters["Status"])).Value == 3) // status is the lead qualification reason selected by the user
                {
                    context.InputParameters["CreateOpportunity"] = false; // set to true by default
                    context.InputParameters["CreateAccount"] = false; // set to true by default

}

I need to open/display the contact form as the lead gets qualified

Is that something i can do in plugin?

Thanks

Pradnya07

Monday, June 2, 2014 2:35 PM

All replies

• Plugin code runs on the server, so cannot open a form on the client. To open a form on the client, you will need to use Javascript

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Monday, June 2, 2014 3:40 PM
  • I haven't tried this. But when the lead gets qualified, the lead form refreshes, right? If yes, then in your convert to account/lead plugin update customerid of the lead being converted. Add customerid field on the lead form. On the Onload of the lead form, check if the customerid field is populated and if the lead form is readonly (I assume it becomes readonly), then redirect to the form based on the customerid.
    Monday, June 2, 2014 5:53 PM
  • i didnt get you Ahmad

Pradnya07

• Edited by Simran08 Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:29 PM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:29 PM
  • I tried this yesterday in CRM 2013. What I noticed is that when you Qualify lead and do not select any account or contact while doing so, CRM creates an account for you based on the company name and a contact record based on the Name in the Lead. When  this entire process is done, CRM opens the opportunity that gets created.

Unfortunately, CRM 2013 does not use new windows anymore. What it does is directly goes to the opportunity record that gets created. You may be able to set some field (a bit field) on opportunity form indicating that it was just created from lead qualification. And then on load of opportunity form, check for value in this field, and if it is true, and opportunity form has value in contact field, open the contact form.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:54 PM
  • i think i am not able to put my question correctly so will start again

On lead qualification i have already made the create opportunity and create account form as false 

it only creates contact form

But the problem is this plugin creates the contact form on lead qualification but the contact form do not pop up 

Any help on this much appreciated

Thanks

Pradnya07

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 9:12 AM
  • Would you be OK to contact me on email to take it offline. If we find a good working solution, we can update this post with it for others.
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 3:49 PM
  • yes okay

Pradnya07

Thursday, June 5, 2014 7:59 AM
  • You can contact me here
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:51 PM