upgrade validation RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded from Home/Student 2010 to 2010 Premium and not able to confirm if it is legitment (sp?) for I am not able to determine or locate if  fully installed on my computer or legit. I have a "Windows Anytime Upgrade-Windows 7 Home to Professional upgrade key and received an emai  but not able to determine if the website I purchased from is legit and the upgrade will harm my computer.

Saturday, November 19, 2011 9:53 PM

Answers

• The Office Genuine Advantage program was terminated a couple of years ago.  Sorry.  Your only real guarnantee is to purchase from the Microsoft Store or Amazon Corp.  It always hazardous to purchase from an individual on eBay, the Amazon Marketplace, or other discount site.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, November 21, 2011 10:29 PM
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 2:07 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Please download and run the   Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool.

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Saturday, November 19, 2011 10:29 PM
  • The Office Genuine Advantage program was terminated a couple of years ago.  Sorry.  Your only real guarnantee is to purchase from the Microsoft Store or Amazon Corp.  It always hazardous to purchase from an individual on eBay, the Amazon Marketplace, or other discount site.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, November 21, 2011 10:29 PM
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 2:07 AM
    Answerer