Cannot locate Microsoft.Synchronization.MetadataStorage.dll for RC0 RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot locate Microsoft.Synchronization.MetadataStorage.dll.

I installed Sync Framework RC0 from the SQL Server 2008 installer.

I found Microsoft.Synchronization.dll in "Program Files\Microsoft Sync Framework\v1.0\Runtime\x86" however I cannot locate Microsoft.Synchronization.MetadataStorage.dll

A search of Program Files didn't find it, and I'm not seeing an additional option I might have missed in the installer. Did this get renamed, or did it not get packaged, or what?

Thanks.
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:03 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Friday, June 13, 2008 3:18 PM

Answers

• There will be a release for Sync Framework in summer time, along with more samples coming online as well.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:40 PM
    Answerer

All replies

•  

The Sync Metadata Store component is not shipped inside SQL Server 2008.

You will need to down load it from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sync/default.aspx

Friday, June 13, 2008 8:51 PM
    Answerer
  • I did not find a separate download for the sync metadata store.

Incidentally, I reverted to CTP2 because I couldn't run any of the examples.  Is there a better alternative?
    Monday, June 23, 2008 5:51 PM
  • Sync101 Getting Started with Sync V1.0 CTP2 has the sample code for metadata store.

You can take a look at http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/sync

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:56 PM
    Answerer
  • I am trying to work around this as well.  I just spent half a day installing SQL Server in order to get RC0 of the Sync Framework only to find the right components aren't there.  I don't want to revert to CTP2 because I am trying to get around some bugs (serializing ChangeBatch).  Any idea on how to get all of the right RC0 bits?

Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:47 PM
  • There will be a release for Sync Framework in summer time, along with more samples coming online as well.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:40 PM
    Answerer