live one care keeps giving me an error message RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi everyone,  I bought and installed liveone care less than a year ago. Lately the program has been acting weird. First, everytime that i clcked on the icon it gave me a message saying that it had encounterd a problem and needed to close, so i couldnt open it, but now, it doesnt even show in my programs anymore, or in the control panel Tongue Tied and when i insert the disk it says that it is already installed...why could this be and how do i resolve this issue?

thanks for any comments or tips

Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:30 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi hildrez,

What is the operating system that you are using on this computer?

Sunday, February 24, 2008 11:47 AM
  • If OneCare can't open, but you see it running in the system tray, I suspect you may need to repair .Net Framework 2.0.

See if this helps:

To remove and reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
    2. Under Currently installed programs, locate one or both of the following items:
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Beta
    3. If you have one or both of the .NET Framework 2.0 items, click each item, and then click Remove.
    4. Restart the computer.
    5. Install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

If this does not help and you cannot see OneCare in your start menu or in Control Panel - Add/remove programs, I would recommend running the cleanup tool - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2

And then reinstalling OneCare from http://onecare.live.com and activating with your subscription LiveID.

-steve

Monday, February 25, 2008 12:53 AM
  •  

the operating system is windows xp..any ideas?
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:37 PM
  •  

Hi, thanks for the reply, I manually removed the .Net Framework 2.0  since it didn't actually appear in my list of add/remove programs, so i downloaded an install clean up tool and manually did it. I also deleted any files associated with the liveone care program, as the person from microsoft help advise me to do, but the security center still says that live one care is running. I cannot find the program anywhere thou. THe whole situation is very strange....and indeed it started when i downloaded the .net framework 2.0 update.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:43 PM
  • The best thing to try in order to remove OneCare from the system, if it does not appear in Add/Remove Programs is to use the OneCare Cleanup Utility.

Please see the above post from Sboots about the link:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2

Run this tool on your computer and it will manually remove all the OneCare components.

I hope this helps.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 3:05 AM