none
Copy-FileWithHashCheck running it / syntax help RRS feed

• Question

• https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Copy-FileWithHashCheck-7420e9f4

Hi,

I've been trying to run this script but I am unsure on how to get it to work, the correct syntax, etc.

I was able get each function (there are two) to work but only individually. Attempting to run the script, returns nothing, so I suspect I'm not understanding something basic. 

I really want to use this script, and I really appreciate any help with it that you can give. The link is above.

Thanks again,

Vic

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, September 4, 2019 4:18 PM This is not support forum for gallery scripts
    Monday, February 18, 2019 8:31 PM

All replies

• Have you read the help for the script?

The script you are trying to use does not work correctly or reliably.  It is also unnecessary for most things.  NTFS copies and moves files using a transacted method.  Any file copy is guaranteed to be correct even if there are disk errors.  Hashing is redundant and actually less reliable than what NTFS already does.

You might use this to get the MD5 hash for a file that you are going to send over the Internet or via some external non-Windows medium such as copy to Mac or Unix.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, February 18, 2019 9:13 PM