Can't connect to Windows Home Server on new 64 Bit Windows 7 Machine RRS feed

• Question

• I've been searching long and hard for this answer, including calling HP support for my mediasmart server; but i can't install the connector on my new computer.  I think the problem is due to teh fact that the connector software folder on the server is no longer there (I don't remember deleting it, but may have).  My other computers are running it fine, but I cannot install it on my new computer, because when i point to the server to install, it says page not found.  Anybody have any suggestions? 

Friday, August 6, 2010 12:27 AM

Answers

• Please see this FAQ.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by fdean316 Friday, August 6, 2010 5:02 PM
    Friday, August 6, 2010 2:59 AM
  • You need to use the user name Administrator, and the console password, to log in to your server via remote desktop. Also note that, since you have an HP, you will not be able to recover the HP additions (which the FAQ points out). The only way do that is to use the HP server recovery process, detailed in your manuals.
    Friday, August 6, 2010 12:19 PM

All replies

• Please see this FAQ.
    Friday, August 6, 2010 2:59 AM
  • Thanks for that.  I tried logging on through remote desktop and keep getting this error:

"to log in this remote computer, you must be granted the Allow log on through terminal services right... By default, member of the remote desktop users have this right..."

I tried searching for an answer to this problem, but all that I found was to log on using the admin user id.  I looked at my user accounts from my other computer and don't see an admin, and don't remember setting on up.  Thoughts?

Friday, August 6, 2010 4:46 AM
  • Kicking in an open door, but still.. do you start the installation with the setup.exe in

" \\server\Software\Home Server Connector Software  "

"fdean316" wrote in message news:745e6b59-9ab7-45ba-b883-77830a1003a4@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I've been searching long and hard for this answer, including calling HP support for my mediasmart server; but i can't install the connector on my new computer. I think the problem is due to teh fact that the connector software folder on the server is no longer there (I don't remember deleting it, but may have). My other computers are running it fine, but I cannot install it on my new computer, because when i point to the server to install, it says page not found. Anybody have any suggestions?

Have a nice day!
    Friday, August 6, 2010 6:10 AM
  • Can't do it because   \\server\Software\Home Server Connector Software, more specifically the folder "Home Server Connector Software" does not exist.  I don't remember doing so, but i must've inadvertedly deleted it.
    Friday, August 6, 2010 7:37 AM
  • Best find a good friend with a WHS and copy that folder from there..

"fdean316" wrote in message news:27436de4-2336-44e8-867a-27dd3d936dbc@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Can't do it because \\server\Software\Home Server Connector Software, more specifically the folder "Home Server Connector Software" does not exist. I don't remember doing so, but i must've inadvertedly deleted it.

Have a nice day!
    Friday, August 6, 2010 11:45 AM
  • You need to use the user name Administrator, and the console password, to log in to your server via remote desktop. Also note that, since you have an HP, you will not be able to recover the HP additions (which the FAQ points out). The only way do that is to use the HP server recovery process, detailed in your manuals.
    Friday, August 6, 2010 12:19 PM
  • Best find a good friend with a WHS and copy that folder from there.

Or just follow the directions in the FAQ I linked...
    Friday, August 6, 2010 12:23 PM
  • It worked!  Thank-you very much.  I logged in with the user name Administrator, followed your instructions and presto, I'm connected!  This has been bugging me for weeks!  Thanks again!!!
    Friday, August 6, 2010 5:01 PM