DE/shares and this folder is empty RRS feed

• Question

• in need of advice and assistance , last year i had windows how server installed and then i decided to install windows 7 on a seperate drive now in the drive i had whs installed on the file with all my folders and videos just shows this folder is empty but if i go in to DE/shares etc .  i can see my files and access them , all folders have the padlock at the side of each , is there any way i can access my files via the normal directory instaed of going to unhide and the DE/share way

cheers

Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:18 PM

Answers

• No. DE also isn't part of Linux. The only way to access your files without DE, as I've already confirmed, is by going directly to the <drive>:\DE\Shares\etc. folders. Using the hidden folders, your files are all available to you in any OS that supports NTFS...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by bailey871 Monday, September 19, 2011 7:39 PM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 5:45 PM

All replies

• Drive Extender is a component of Windows Home Server, and doesn't exist in Windows 7, so no, you can't access your files through the DATA partition on the Windows Home Server system drive without Windows Home Server running.
    • Marked as answer by Ken WarrenModerator Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:05 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by bailey871 Monday, September 19, 2011 3:33 PM
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:05 PM
  • would i be able to access the share through a linux booy disc
    Monday, September 19, 2011 3:32 PM
  • No. DE also isn't part of Linux. The only way to access your files without DE, as I've already confirmed, is by going directly to the <drive>:\DE\Shares\etc. folders. Using the hidden folders, your files are all available to you in any OS that supports NTFS...
    • Marked as answer by bailey871 Monday, September 19, 2011 7:39 PM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 5:45 PM