none
To do all the exercises in tjhe Microsoft Official Academic Course Lab Manual (MOAC 70-646 exam) what type of network should I set my Virtual Machine to as fara as Bridged, Host -Only, Nat or Internal? RRS feed

• Question

• I am asking this because I have two VM's both with Win 2008 Server on them and I would like to use both for practice. Also do I need to connect to the internet to do these labs? As of right now I beleive I am not connected to the internet on both but my virtualbox server is configured and my VM Ware Workstation is not.
    Friday, September 14, 2012 8:39 PM

Answers

• Just from my experience, I have set up MOC courses in the past that used multiple Hyper-V images that communicated with each other.

It sounds like you are working through MOC 6433a.

I needed to create a Private Virtual Network for the images and gave it a meaningful name. Then I configured the images to use that network. I also had to run the VM-PRE-Import setup scripts (*.bat) located in the \Microsoft Learning\ folder.

MOC courseware images almost should never need to access the network or Internet, unless they all need to connect to one classroom server.

All the identical machine names in the classroom would conflict. Note that it is never a problem when each machine is named differently, typically after famous city names.

Good luck.

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Friday, September 14, 2012 9:06 PM
    Answerer