CRM Organization ID and IFD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi-

Two quick questions:

How do I go about finding out my CRM Organization ID?

and I was asked if we were configured for Internet-Facing Deployment?  I am not sure where I would find this out either....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Monday, April 19, 2010 8:07 PM

Answers

• I'm guessing you need the Org ID for an addon.  If you have the ability to log on to the physical server where MSCRM is installed, then you can get the OrgID from the console app that's in the MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 folder under the Start Menu>All Programs. 

There is an IFD configuration tool that can be run on the server that will show you if it is configured for IFD and what port it is using.

• Marked as answer by Kidd Nicko Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:45 PM
    Monday, April 19, 2010 8:52 PM

All replies

• In which context are you referring to? CRM Form script or Plug-in, or something else? 
    Daniel Cai | http://danielcai.blogspot.com
    Monday, April 19, 2010 8:48 PM
  • 1. Regarding getting Organization ID

you can get this using Discovery service as mentioned in the following code ...change the details for your crm system and you will get the detail back..

// Provide valid Microsoft Dynamics CRM server information
    string hostname = "crm"; //Replace with your hostname
    string port = "5555"; // replac your port number

// Create the discovery service
    CrmDiscoveryService discoveryService = new CrmDiscoveryService();

// Set the discovery service properties
    discoveryService.UseDefaultCredentials = false;
    discoveryService.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential(<<username>>, <<pword>>, <<domain>>); 
    discoveryService.Url = String.Format("https://{0}:{1}/MSCRMServices/2007/{2}/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx",hostname, port, "AD");

// Retrieve the organization name and endpoint Url from the 
    // CrmDiscoveryService Web service.
    RetrieveOrganizationsRequest orgRequest = new RetrieveOrganizationsRequest();
    RetrieveOrganizationsResponse orgResponse =        (RetrieveOrganizationsResponse)discoveryService.Execute(orgRequest);

// Iterate through all the retrieved organizations
    foreach (OrganizationDetail orgDetail in orgResponse.OrganizationDetails)
    {
    Console.WriteLine(orgDetail.OrganizationId);
    }

2. regarding check the Inernet facing deployment..

well is I suggest run the above code from out side your network and straight broadband connection and if you can access the site and get the organisation details then it would be Internet facing deployment ..

Hope this helps..

Monday, April 19, 2010 8:51 PM
    Answerer
  • I'm guessing you need the Org ID for an addon.  If you have the ability to log on to the physical server where MSCRM is installed, then you can get the OrgID from the console app that's in the MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 folder under the Start Menu>All Programs. 

There is an IFD configuration tool that can be run on the server that will show you if it is configured for IFD and what port it is using.

• Marked as answer by Kidd Nicko Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:45 PM
    Monday, April 19, 2010 8:52 PM
  • Thanks everyone.

I will read these through. 

Yes our Marketing department has bought a product called 'engage b2b' to help manage email campaigns among other Marketing needs...

I had to provide mapping of the attributes, and a list of questions with these two being the only ones I am unsure of.

Monday, April 19, 2010 9:06 PM