Requested operation 'OpenAsync()' on the Telephony Session failed RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having an issue were every so often one or more calls just die on the vine. The application spins up for the outbound call but no outbound call is actually placed.

What I've been able to determine is that I'm getting a "Service Unavailable" response (503) from the gateway. I have a handler that should pick it up but in this case it isn't. I do have an event handler for TelephonySession_OpenCompleted which normally logs any error during the OpenAsync method. In this case however it isn't firing this event.

From what I can tell the MakeCallActivity is starting up and firing off the OpenAsync() method which fails and never tells my application.

The message is:

Microsoft.SpeechServer.SipPeerAddressUnreachableException: A SIP request has failed.  The current operation is 'Opening'.  The session state is 'Connecting'.  The remote participant is 'sip:3309@10.1.32.221:5060;user=phone'.  The response code was '503'.  The response text was 'Service Unavailable'. ---> ResponseCode=503 ResponseText=Service Unavailable
        Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.FailureResponseException: The requested operation failed.
           at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipAsyncResult.ThrowIfFailed()
           at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.Helper.EndAsyncOperation[T](Object owner, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
           at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.Helper.EndAsyncOperation[T](Object owner, IAsyncResult asyncResult, String operationId)
           at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SignalingSession.EndEnter(SipInviteAsyncResultWrapper asyncWrapper)
           at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SignalingSession.EndParticipate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
           at Microsoft.SpeechServer.Core.TelephonySessionOutbound.ParticipateCallback(IAsyncResult result)

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm out of them. :-|

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:45 PM

All replies

• What is the exact behaviour that you see?  Are you sure that OpenCompleted is not raised?  Does the workflow therefore fail to complete?

Where are you getting this message?  The logs?  You should see ApplicationInterfaceEvent logged immediately prior to OpenCompleted being raised.  Prior to this, if developer logs are enabled, "TelephonySessionOperationFailed" is logged.

Friday, August 1, 2008 1:12 PM