none
Upgrade from MCTS .Net Framework 2.0 web applications to MCTS .Net Framework 4.0 web applications RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all

I got  MCTS .Net Framework 2.0 web applications Certification.

Now I want to upgrade it to MCTS  .Net Framework 4.0 web applications.

What is the procedure to do it.

Thank You

Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:13 PM

Answers

• I got  MCTS .Net Framework 2.0 web applications Certification.

The MCTS on Framework 4 only requires a single exam, so it doesn't make sense to expect an upgrade exam -- you would have to take 1 exam anyway.

If you had an *MCPD* on version 2.0 then the upgrade path would have you upgrading to 3.5 by means of 70-567 and then from 3.5 to 4.0 by taking 70-523. But if you only want the MCTS on 4.0, then just go ahead and take exam 70-515. That's all you need.

Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:26 PM
  • -here is no upgrade path from MCTS .Net Framework 2.0 Web to MCTS .Net Framework 4.0 Web.  You will need to sit exam to become MCTS .Net Framework 4.0 W

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-515

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:29 PM

All replies

• -here is no upgrade path from MCTS .Net Framework 2.0 Web to MCTS .Net Framework 4.0 Web.  You will need to sit exam to become MCTS .Net Framework 4.0 W

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-515

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:29 PM
  • I got  MCTS .Net Framework 2.0 web applications Certification.

The MCTS on Framework 4 only requires a single exam, so it doesn't make sense to expect an upgrade exam -- you would have to take 1 exam anyway.

If you had an *MCPD* on version 2.0 then the upgrade path would have you upgrading to 3.5 by means of 70-567 and then from 3.5 to 4.0 by taking 70-523. But if you only want the MCTS on 4.0, then just go ahead and take exam 70-515. That's all you need.

Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:26 PM