New to WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,
    Sorry I am very new to the concept of WHS.  Is there a CD install I have to do for my laptop so I can manage my server so I can disconnect the mouse and key board etc?
    Also is there anythin extra needed I see in the sofware folder of the server 3 folders add ins, home pc restore cd, home server connector software.  When I try to run the programs in the folders I get error message saying cant run from here.
    I want my server to see my 2 computers and back them up, is this possible.
    Sorry I cant seem to get this feature to work and very new to the whs way of life!
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:11 AM

Answers

• You will need to install the Home Server Connector software on the clients. This component will take care about backups and give you access for the console to manage the facilities of your Home Server. (Logging in locally using mouse and keyboard is not supported and should only be done, if absolutely necessary for troubleshooting or like in your case a fresh install - assuming your server is self built).

Open http://server:55000 (replace server with the computer name you assigned to your server) and start the Connector installation from here.
    Before going on with installation on other clients, ensure, that all updates offered for WHS are installed (using the console). Latest version should show 2030.2 and the version number can be found in the console under Settings/Ressources.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 12:03 PM

All replies

• You will need to install the Home Server Connector software on the clients. This component will take care about backups and give you access for the console to manage the facilities of your Home Server. (Logging in locally using mouse and keyboard is not supported and should only be done, if absolutely necessary for troubleshooting or like in your case a fresh install - assuming your server is self built).

Open http://server:55000 (replace server with the computer name you assigned to your server) and start the Connector installation from here.
    Before going on with installation on other clients, ensure, that all updates offered for WHS are installed (using the console). Latest version should show 2030.2 and the version number can be found in the console under Settings/Ressources.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 12:03 PM
  • Thank you, it rocks :)
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 12:29 PM