More Integration Ideas RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have read many of the ideas for improving Live Mesh and agree with most except I would do the following

25 GB for all storage services (not just piggy-backing off of the current space of Skydrive for integration, although integration is a good idea). This would actually increase the cloud-space available to users

Keep Office Live in some form. Killing it (as was suggested in one post) makes no sense unless Office Web Apps can integrate with a local machine. The sharing/collaboration features in Office Live make it critical.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:16 AM

All replies

• Thanks for sharing your suggestions, SEE. I don't know that we'll see Office Live die off, especially since the whole idea of Office Web Apps is moving ahead and it includes cloud storage. The beta of the Office 2010 web apps use SkyDrive as the storage point. I'll be interested in seeing where that goes and how it relates to Office Live, though both of these aren't a Live Mesh item. As for storage, I'd like to see it grow to unlimited for all uses eventually - even if that means it becomes a tiered subscription based item. I have no knowledge of any plans for that, though.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 11:03 AM