Default Layout for My Tasks in PWA (Project Server 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to set the default layout for all users to the datasheet view?  If I cannot do it as an administrator - is it possible for each user to set the default layout to sheet view?

My users have no need for the gantt chart and like the ease of use of the sheet view - would like for it to be the default.  Thanks!

Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:31 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure I know which view you mean, but if you are asking about the Tasks page in PWA, I can tell you that whichever Layout setting the user selects will be the one that PWA displays the next time the user visits the page.  So, it is a default of sorts... until the user changes it.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:19 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure I know which view you mean, but if you are asking about the Tasks page in PWA, I can tell you that whichever Layout setting the user selects will be the one that PWA displays the next time the user visits the page.  So, it is a default of sorts... until the user changes it.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:19 PM
  • HI

On tasks page in PWA, users have to indivdually set the sheet view by themselves from 'Layout' in the Ribbon, and as Reid told that it will be there afterwards as default.

Hope it may help you.

Regards

Manish

Friday, March 30, 2012 7:45 AM
  • May be what wxkeep is asking is that if it is possible to set "datasheet view" as a default view for the tasks page for all the users.

If anybody wants can go ahead and change it to whatever they want but by default he needs is to be datasheet view.

Abhijeet M. Mohite

Friday, March 30, 2012 7:57 AM
  • Hi

A similar question from the forum. Please refer.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/thread/7b57c64b-748d-44b6-9488-f892caad30fc/#949bdb2f-c00f-47fc-9834-4f912a7c643c

This is the only way the view can be set as default for future.

Regards

Manish

Friday, March 30, 2012 8:55 AM
  • Abhijeet was right - it would be more convenient if I could set it as the default for all users. 

That being said - I want to thank everyone for their replies - they were very helpful and I will just let users switch their defaults manually.  =)  Thanks again!

Friday, March 30, 2012 8:44 PM
  • yes indeed, gantt part of the view is turned off by default. i could not find any settings to control the default layout. Each resource has to adjust the view ones.

you can change the gantt view however and define your own gantt views. Also the scaling of the time line with zoom in/out are handy as well as adjusting the gantt view to the curren task.

Monday, October 21, 2013 4:14 PM