API MySongAudioServices.Play() Failed RRS feed

  • Question

  • When I run Songsmith and try to open one of the demos, I get this error message:

    API MySongAudioServices.Play(); failed. Attempted to read to write protected memory

    Internet searches on this problem have failed me; the only result I get is on a Russian forum. The only response was a suggestion to post it on the Songsmith Forums, but I couldn't find a similar thread here.

    Here's a rundown of the computer

    HP Pavilion (Haven't noted the model but it is 6 years old)
    Memory 1.0 GB
    Free HDD Space 1.9GB

    It doesn't have internet access so I used a USB drive to install the trial version of Songsmith and .Net 3.0 Full Redistributable

    I did reboot after installing .Net, however I did install Songsmith before the reboot. Not sure if that's significant though.

    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:33 AM

All replies

  • Unfortunately, we have seen this error in a very small handful of cases but don't have enough data to fix this issue yet.  :(

    Everything you did was reasonable.

    I apologize for the inconvenience, and hope that you're able to enjoy Songsmith at some point on a different machine.

    -Dan from the Songsmith Team

    Monday, August 8, 2011 1:31 PM
  • I have the same error except mine says "direct sound cannot play audio buffer"
    • Edited by Thomastx06 Saturday, October 29, 2011 10:41 PM
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 10:40 PM