PDF Export problem dynamics crm 2011 online RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using MS dynamics CRM 2011 Online.

I have created reports using BIDS (Visual Studios 2008).

Now, when i run the port in the CRM. And Exporting this report as PDF . it breaks down. its not coming properly.

When i export this as DHTML (Browser Format) it works fine.

But its having issues with PDF Export. 

Where i am wrong? Can i get some help?

Thanks 

Kasim

Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Kasimme,

It's likely that your report tables are too wide for your page size and so you are getting additional pages.

The exported (pdf) page size is set separately to the HTML view size. The Html page size is called the 'interactive' size.

If you click on the body of your report, you should see the following properties:

Make sure that you tables can't grow to be more than the PageSize-Margins.

The easiest way to find out what is causing the extra pages is to shrink each element (or delete it all together) and then export as pdf - this will show you what is pushing out the pages.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:26 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Kasimme,

When you say it 'breaks down' could you provide some more details. Do you get an error, or is the pdf not as you expect it to be?

The PDF rendering of Reporting Services is different to the HTML rendering - does the pdf export work correctly when you view it as a pdf from Visual Studio?

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:53 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott,

I mean where i export it. Its not the pdf as i expect it to be. 

Like all the tables breaks and all the data gets messed up. 

Now, i am able to fix this using some settings in  "Report Property" . 

Following setting:- 

• Orientation >> Landscape
    • Paper Size >> Set to Custom >> Set Width = 14in with Height = 8.5in
    • Margins >> Make sure your Left & right margins are very minimum

And now i can see the proper PDF.

But there is one more problem. Whenever i export the PDF i see there are unnecessary Blank pages coming with the pdf.

Now my question is, Where and how i can set the number of pages in VB 2008 ? 

Thanks Again.

Kasim

Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:13 PM
  • One cause of blank pages with a pdf is if the width of Body + Margins > Page Width. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb677374.aspx for more information

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com  http://www.excitation.co.uk

Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:23 PM
  • Hi Kasimme,

It's likely that your report tables are too wide for your page size and so you are getting additional pages.

The exported (pdf) page size is set separately to the HTML view size. The Html page size is called the 'interactive' size.

If you click on the body of your report, you should see the following properties:

Make sure that you tables can't grow to be more than the PageSize-Margins.

The easiest way to find out what is causing the extra pages is to shrink each element (or delete it all together) and then export as pdf - this will show you what is pushing out the pages.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow

Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:26 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Scott! :)
    Saturday, April 28, 2012 10:47 AM