one care is bogus - conflicting programs RRS feed

• General discussion

• I used One Care for one year and loved it.  Then this year when renewed, it would not work with some of my Symantic products that I needed.  When I inquired with tech support, they said One Care would not work with alot of products and I would have to remove all the other products that where not microsoft.  I could not live with this even though I like One Care I had to remove Onc Care so I could continue my work.

When I ask for higher level support I got the same story.

I just wasted my money on One Care this year and I can not keep that up with todays economy.  If microsoft can get the bugs out of the product and not waste my money, I might try them again.

Tech Support is a joke.  Just check the emails they sent -- Microsoft should be assamed.

Friday, November 21, 2008 11:24 PM

All replies

• I hope that tech support didn't tell you that all non-Microsoft products needed to be removed. The reality is that there are programs that have been found to conflict with OneCare causing either performance issues or even complete crashes and corruption. OneCare looks for these and reports the conflict to you, either advising you to remove the conflicting program or offering to remove it for you. That is actually quite common for security software, as it installs and operates at a very low level of the file system and that makes it prone to conflicts.

-steve

Saturday, November 22, 2008 3:41 AM