Recieving Texts with Mobile 6... RRS feed

• Question

• ...is going to drive me insane.

When I recieve a brief text, the Today page pops up a notification which often contains the entire text of the message. Fine, I've read the message and dismissed the notification box. But the phone still says I have a new text, so I must go into messenging, where the entire text of the message is again displayed at the top of the list. And THEN I must select that message, read it a third time, and finally the phone is satisfied.

To repeat: you must take THREE actions to read a single brief text message before the phone agrees that you've read it.

Please, please, please fix this in future versions of Mobile. All it would take is for Windows to recoginze that the complete text was displayed in the notification window.

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:31 PM

All replies

• You are right. You either select dismiss or read.

When you select dismiss it will stay as unread/new message.

There is an another way to mark them as read. Ones the list is there you can scroll down to the unread message and do a tap and hold and select "mark as Read"

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:28 AM
  • Good tip Johan!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:40 AM
  • The other responders are just making my point for me. Texting is basic functionality on a phone. It should be simple and intuitive. But on Mobile 6 it takes way too many actions to convince Mobile 6 that a text has been read. I'm already using this in my software engineering class as an example of poor interface design.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:47 PM
  • Tips for improvement are always welcome.

Thank you.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:51 PM
  • I got here looking for a way to "mark as read" multiple entries at once, or a tip on how to avoid having to do each one at a time, because I read them on the pc then have to mark as read on the smartphone.

Laurier

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:40 PM
  •  Laurier57 wrote:

I got here looking for a way to "mark as read" multiple entries at once, or a tip on how to avoid having to do each one at a time, because I read them on the pc then have to mark as read on the smartphone.

Laurier

It is nice you found this forum Laurier and we hope you come back often.

In fact there is a solution for you that you can find here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/dennisq/archive/2006/08/29/730874.aspx

Friday, February 15, 2008 6:50 AM
  • Thanks

Sunday, March 9, 2008 12:09 AM