Hibernate windows RRS feed

• Question

• I choose hibernate, it shuts down successfully, however, after several hours, the system starts to work automatically.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 4:27 AM

Answers

• The WHS client will wakeup automatically in order to do a backup during the backup schedule on the WHS server.  (You may want to check your server settings.)  The backup may not start immediately after wakeup, but the computer will eventually return to hibernation after the backup.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:31 AM
  • Ken,  you're probably right.  My wife has woken up at night and tried to shutdown her laptop during backup, so I went down that path. 

Wenqing Gu -  Can you clarify what is happening?  Is the client computer running Vista?

Thursday, March 29, 2007 3:42 AM

All replies

• The WHS client will wakeup automatically in order to do a backup during the backup schedule on the WHS server.  (You may want to check your server settings.)  The backup may not start immediately after wakeup, but the computer will eventually return to hibernation after the backup.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 6:31 AM
  • I don't think that's what he's saying. I think he's saying that one of his client PCs wakes up for no reason, at a time when a backup is not scheduled to run. I have a client PC that does the same thing. And a laptop that will only wake to back up from standby, not from hibernation.
    Thursday, March 29, 2007 3:14 AM
  • Ken,  you're probably right.  My wife has woken up at night and tried to shutdown her laptop during backup, so I went down that path. 

Wenqing Gu -  Can you clarify what is happening?  Is the client computer running Vista?

Thursday, March 29, 2007 3:42 AM
  • I've noticed this also in last few days, all PC's are set to hibernate so that backups can be done, but i've now had to turn the PC in bedroom off every night now and do a manual backup each time because it now wakes up and and when it feels like it without doing anything within a few minutes of going into hibernation.
    Friday, April 6, 2007 3:26 PM