none
Ultrasoft MoneyLink RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought a new computer with 64-bit version of both Windows and Office.  It seems MoneyLink is a casualty of 64-bit and won't run properly.  Not sure which 64-bit is causing the problem--Windows or Office--or if its both.  But in any event, does anyone know of a way to get MoneyLink to work properly in a 64-bit environment?  Or perhaps another, different, program/add-in that offers the same functionality?

By the way, I am on Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit) and am running Office 2010 Professional Plus (64-bit).

Thanks,

mike.

Monday, August 2, 2010 4:18 PM

Answers

• No 32-bit add-in will work with 64-bit Office. I know of no 64-bit add-ins. The recommendation is to use 32-bit Office unless you need the large file capability of 64-bit Office.

MoneyLink is a 32-bit add-in so will not work with 64-bit Excel.

Monday, August 2, 2010 6:46 PM

All replies

• On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:18:33 +0000, diggeryo wrote:

>
    >
    >I just bought a new computer with 64-bit version of both Windows and Office.  It seems MoneyLink is a casualty of 64-bit and won't run properly.  Not sure which 64-bit is causing the problem--Windows or Office--or if its both.  But in any event, does anyone know of a way to get MoneyLink to work properly in a 64-bit environment?  Or perhaps another, different, program/add-in that offers the same functionality?
    >
    >By the way, I am on Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit) and am running Office 2010 Professional Plus (64-bit).
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >mike.

This won't help you directly, but I have Ultrasoft MoneyLink running
    on W7 Prof 64- bit and Office 2007 (which is 32-bit).

So your problem is probably not related to the OS.

Monday, August 2, 2010 4:35 PM
  • Thank you for the information.
    Monday, August 2, 2010 7:24 PM
  • For what it's worth, MoneyLink runs happily on Office 2010 32-bit and Win 7 64-bit.

But it won't work on Office 64-bit, and for that very reason I have mine running in a Virtual PC (XP and Office) which I connect to via RDP when I need to update money. Less convenient, for sure, but it does mean I'm not tied to a particular version of Office on my desktop PC.

Friday, August 6, 2010 9:30 AM