Duplication of Appointments RRS feed

• Question

• Morning,

I was wondering if anyone else has come across an issue with Dynamics CRM with duplicate appointments being created.

We are currently on CRM 2015 Roll up 1 in the Cloud with no integration/connection to Outlook.

Its not happening all the time, and is not set to specific users, however every day we are having to delete duplicate appointments. It seems sometimes when a User saves an appointment, it is saved twice.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what could be causing it?

Regards

Graham

Friday, February 12, 2016 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Graham,

Does this happening only on creation of new appointment?

If so then please check user is not clicking 'save' or 'save and close' button at same time means when record is in progress of save user do not click again save and close button.

Thanks

Friday, February 12, 2016 10:20 AM
  • It does seem to be only on creation of a new appointment, but sometimes there is multiple duplicate records, in one case there was over 10.

I guess if they keep hitting save, this could cause the same thing to happen.

Graham

Friday, February 12, 2016 10:32 AM
  • This is probably the annoying bug.

Please confirm user is hitting only save or save and close both. This behavior over come on crm2013 rollup3 as per below link.

http://www.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/paulnieuwelaar/2014/7/30/rollup-3-fixes-many-pain-points-of-crm-2013 (Check: Duplicate records are created if Save or Save and Close is pressed multiple times)

If user is hitting save and 'save and close' button both then you can do temporary solution by show/hide 'saveandclose' button on new appointment and again display it on edit mode.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Friday, February 12, 2016 10:43 AM
  • We are currently on CRM 2015 so we should have this fix, but it still happens.

How can I hide the the button? Is this via Java Script? We are currently in the cloud?

Friday, February 12, 2016 10:55 AM