Circle Status unreliable - can it be disabled? RRS feed

• Question

• I am fed up with constantly getting red, at risk, icons on my hub PC even though there is no problem.

Looking at the threads below this is a common issue which has been around for some time and yet there is (still!) no fix.

I have tried the Firewall fix, re-installing and leaving the machines to sync up for a couple of hours yet the hub PC rarely reports the correct status for my other two machines.

Currently it is saying that my Vista laptop has out of date virus definitions and my XP laptop hasn't run a tuneup for over 5 weeks despite the fact that both are showing green and actually back themselves up to the hub PC. (So no communication problems there)

A diagnostic tool that reports incorrect and unreliable or inaccurate information is worse than useless and should be removed until they can get it to work properly.

Is there any way to disable the circle status reporting element on the hub whilst still keeping the centralised backup facilty? I can't trust this tool and so just want to get rid of it.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:57 AM

Answers

• This is a known issue and will be addressed. To work around this issue open One Care>Manage Your One Care Circle and under your hub PC select "Stop using this PC as a Hub PC". 

Saturday, October 25, 2008 3:10 PM

All replies

• This is a known issue and will be addressed. To work around this issue open One Care>Manage Your One Care Circle and under your hub PC select "Stop using this PC as a Hub PC". 

Saturday, October 25, 2008 3:10 PM
  •  

Thanks, that seems to work and backup appears unaffected (which was my main concerin about "stop using...").

Is there an ETA on the fix?

(It has, after all, been a known issue for about a year now.)

Saturday, October 25, 2008 3:17 PM
  • I don't know the ETA. While this is a known issue it does not affect all users, which could explain the delay. It is possible  there is a resolution to this issue that I am not aware of so you might try contacting support. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Saturday, October 25, 2008 3:31 PM