Any ideas where I can get Microsoft My Money software? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, I'm currently using Microsoft My Money version 12 and it is perfect for my needs.  However, I need a new computer and don't have the original software to load on to it when I buy one.  I know it isn't made/sold any more - any suggestions please as I do all my accounts in this programme?
    • Edited by VP_1500 Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:44 PM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:43 PM

All replies

• Look in the first post in this forum. 

Make sure you pick the correct one for your region.

BACK UP ALL YOUR MONEY FILES (mbf and mny).  SEVERAL TIMES.  TO DIFFERENT MEDIA (usb, CD, cloud).

Sorry about shouting but many of the problems that come to this forum would be easier to fix if people just kept backups.  Lots of them.

Also, don't uninstall Money from the old PC until you know the new one works. 

Also (2) keep the paperwork for all transactions that you enter into the NEW system so that you can enter into the OLD system if necessary.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:31 PM
  • thanks banjomike!  Am new to this forum so excuse my ignorance - how do I get to the first post in this forum?

i have a daily backup to an external hard drive.

V prentice

Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:54 PM
  • This is the link to this forum

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/money/threads

The first post is the one at the top

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/money/thread/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3

When you exit Money it will give you the option to backup your mny file to an mbf (usually to a USB stick or USB drive) unless you have disabled the option.   Keep several generations of these files.  I have dailies going back 120 days, weeklies going back 4+ years, and others going back to 1995.  Don't rely on a Windows-type backup.  Just think how screwed you would be if you lost your MSMoney files.

• Edited by banjomike Friday, June 1, 2012 8:46 AM
    Friday, June 1, 2012 8:44 AM