MOC presence not updating to 'in a meeting' during a meeting scheduled in outlook 2007. RRS feed

• Question

• Outlook 2003 works fine.  Is there something that needs to be set in Outlook to enable this....please advise. Thanks.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:52 PM

All replies

• Need more info. So do you have exchange 2007?, and do you see a little red Bang on your MOC client stating failed outlook integration? the MOC client picks up it's meeting status from 2 places. One from Exchange 2007 Avialability service and I think it will also pull from the client once all the integration takes place after startup.

Mitch Roberson |MCITP:Enterprise Server Admin, Messaging |MCTS:OCS with Voice Achievement |MCT
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:21 PM
  • Mitch, yes we do have exchange 2007 however we have not upgraded all remote employees (and one of the partners in the firm) with Office 2007 yet and they seem to be the ones that get the meeting integration.  No, I don't have the error in Communicator stating no outlook integration.  Any other ideas?  Thanks for the reply.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 8:22 PM
  • So is the availability service setup on your exchange 2007 CAS.

Mitch Roberson |MCITP:Enterprise Server Admin, Messaging |MCTS:OCS with Voice Achievement |MCT
    Monday, August 31, 2009 2:48 AM
  • hi
    Any update about your issue.
    Did you resolve it?

Regards!
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 7:28 AM
  • No, have not resolved yet.  Any help is welcome.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 6:27 PM
  • When I read about Availability service it appears to be an Exchange 2010 item.  to answer you question, no I haven't.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 6:37 PM
  • Availability service is also in exchange 2007, usually all of this is setup by default. but I am wondering if there are some issues with the availability service. Also you may want to look at the MOC client to see if you are getting the RED BANG or explanation point that indicated an outlook integration problem. So here is where I would start

Check to make sure the sip URI matches the Primary SMTP address (this usually does not cause a problem)
    Check to see if the MOC client on the persons machine that is having problems gives an indcation of an outlook integration

On a machine that has office 2007 installed start outlook, then go down to the right hand corner in the task tray, While holding down the control key right click the outlook icon, select test email autoconfiguration, then click on test. Look for the URL's for availability service. Check to see if that is a valid URL and if that is a valid name.

also reveiw your event logs on the machines haveing problems. they sometimes give some helpful info.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 2:16 AM
  • Mitch,

In the results tab after doing the test, I got the following information:

AutoConfiguration Started
    AutoConfiguration found the follwoing settings:

Display Name: <My Name>
    Protocol: Exchange RPC
    Server: <server.domain.local>
    Login Name: <my login ID>
    Availability Service URL: <https://server.domain.local/EWS/Exchange.asmx>
    OOF URL: <https://server.domain.local/EWS/Exchange.asmx>
    OAB URL: Public Folder
    Unified Message Service URL: <https://server.domain.local/UnifiedMessaging/Service.asmx>
    Auth Package: Unspecified

It appears it is running and the URL is correct for the Exchange server.  I also checked the PCs and they do not have an Outlook integration error in the MOC client.

Any other ideas?  Thanks.
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 3:07 PM