ESCALATION LEAD THROUGH WORKFLOW RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

CAN ANY BODY SUGGEST ME HOW TO ACHIEVE THROUGH CUSTOM WORKFLOW OR ELSE BELOW REQUIREMENT:-

1.        For a new enquiry, if with a delay of 1 day if no activity is created, notification is sent to team leader

1.        For an allocated lead, if no activity is done by new owner within 2 day then a notification is sent to reporting manager of the S. After 4<sup>th</sup> day escalated to project head

1.        After change to a new allocation status if no activity is done within next 7 days then a notification is sent to reporting manager of the S

(above to be applicable if the status is changed to one of the following – A, B, C, D, E). International to project head

1.        If no activity is done within 30 days by STM after allocation, move lead to sales ID as a new allocation

THANKS

MINTU SHAHID

Thursday, January 1, 2015 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is best done with OOTB workflow and batch process of some sort. It is not a good idea to have a waiting workflow for 30 days duration. If it was any of my clients I would suggest use workflow to send emails. Check the rest of the conditions in batch process (SSIS / .Net application) which runs on daily basis and performs rest of the checking. Also would suggest storing the configurations in a configurations of some sort entity / XML file.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minal Dahiya

blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, January 2, 2015 6:30 AM
  • Hi,

You could use 'timer control' feature to calculate the escalation periods and workflows to send emails.

For the working of timer control please refer this link

Regards,

Rekha.J

Friday, January 2, 2015 6:34 AM
  • Hi,

Can any one help me sample code(custom workflow) below requirement :-

-> For a new lead, if with a delay of 1 day if no activity is created, notification is sent to team lead

please any one help me regarding this issue.

Thanks

Mintu

Mintu Shahid

Monday, January 5, 2015 7:05 PM