Remote access WHITE screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    I have been reading a lot about people having a black screen when they try remote access, well I have a white screen.
    When I log in to the site from another computer and try to connect to my home computer I get a big box that looks like an image that hasn't loaded properly.

Any Ideas

home computer XP Pro/ Comodo Internet security/ Netgear wireless router
    other computers mostly campus computers running XP

Thanks
    Friday, May 1, 2009 5:02 AM

Answers

• Typically it is a black screen, and often that occurs for one of two reasons:
    1. You are logging onto the remote machine with a non-administrator account from Live Mesh
    2. There is a display drive problem.

So, if the User account you are using to login on the remote PC is an administrator account, please file a bug report:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, May 1, 2009 2:54 PM

All replies

• Typically it is a black screen, and often that occurs for one of two reasons:
    1. You are logging onto the remote machine with a non-administrator account from Live Mesh
    2. There is a display drive problem.

So, if the User account you are using to login on the remote PC is an administrator account, please file a bug report:

-steve

Friday, May 1, 2009 2:54 PM
  • If click on "Show remote desktop" it works.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 9:44 PM

That's interesting. That options allows the remote PC display to show at that PC. Normally, when you connect to a PC with Remote Desktop via Live Mesh, the screen on the remotely controlled PC will blank out during the session.
    -steve
    Monday, May 18, 2009 12:28 AM

nop, again with same problem, reinstalling win7 to 32 bit and the problem is back, when connecting to remote the screen is black, and clicking on "Hide remote..." or "Show remote desktop...", doesnt work.
    please help.
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:46 PM
  • amedrano
    I suggest that you file a bug report on Connect for this problem. It may well be a driver issue. Be sure to attach logs from the affected machines. 

-steve
    Monday, June 15, 2009 1:33 PM