Missing Product Key RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the 90 day trial version of OneCare and am 20 days away from expiration.  I purchased OneCare from CircuitCity.com  Now, I want to activate my trial version.  However, activation asks for 12 or 25 digit Product Key located on a yellow or orange sticker.  My plastic case was sealed when I received it.  It has a certificate of authenticity with bar codes and various numbers.  But, I cannot find a yellow or orange sticker anywhere on the box or CD or under the CD.  I have completely examined this plastic box and can't locate a Product Key.  Is it hidden somewhere?  Should I contact or send it back to CircuitCity?

Thanks, JACK

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 2:13 PM

Answers

• The packaging is rather bizarre, but the yellow/orange product key sticker is on the back of the CD tray if you have the plastic case that is currently used for Vista and Office packaging, too.

If there is no sticker, yes, exchange it with Circuit City ASAP. You can reinstall OneCare for an additional 15 days at a time of trial use if it takes time for the exchange.

-steve

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:55 PM

All replies

• The packaging is rather bizarre, but the yellow/orange product key sticker is on the back of the CD tray if you have the plastic case that is currently used for Vista and Office packaging, too.

If there is no sticker, yes, exchange it with Circuit City ASAP. You can reinstall OneCare for an additional 15 days at a time of trial use if it takes time for the exchange.

-steve

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:55 PM
  • You're right.  The packing is quite odd.  I thought I had searched all over that thing for the yellow sticker.  After talking with CircuitCity tonight, they said I could bring it in to a store for an exchange.  I gave the package one more all over perusal.  Sure enough, there it was on the back of the slide out piece.  I was glad to find it, but, felt a little nuts because I hadn't found it before.  I would have sworn I had looked at every inch of that plastic box.  Thanks for the help.

Thursday, July 3, 2008 3:37 AM
  • You're welcome, Jack. The design of the box is interesting, but confusing. Many people don't even know how to open the box, let alone locate the key!

-steve

Thursday, July 3, 2008 12:02 PM