Lost Hard drive RRS feed

• Question

• System was up and running for several days after some initial setup issues and connect issues.

Received blue screen at WHS.  Upon investigation the MB Bios could not read the HD (Western Digital OEM 500GB).  Moved the SATA to another port - the problem followed the drive.  The MB Bios entry was blank - wouldn't recognize drive.  Only one drive in system.

Made a quick trip to Fry's picked up another OEM 500GB drive (Maxtor this time), reinstalled.  Just a note, the problems encountered during this setup were similar to above postings.

Also, the router (BEFSR41 Router Firmware 1.46.02 Aug 2, 2004) periodically goes into diagnostics, WAN access is lost - although connection WHS continues to function.  It seems to be after a backup or when large amounts of data is transferred - haven't isolated failure scenario and the problem is intermittent.

Any reason the hard drive is not failed (or any suggestions to recover drive)?  Any reason to believe WHS related?  I have RMA and ready to ship back HD for exchange.

Thanks for the help,

KCB

Monday, August 6, 2007 1:27 PM

Answers

• The symptions for HD not being reconized by by Bios was consistent with other MBs.  I'm assuming it was new drive failure... has <150hrs use.

WHS working fine HD.

Saturday, August 11, 2007 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

With these problems, I think you should consider RMA the Asus motherboard as well.

One time, I face hard drives problem, one fall after the others in one of the MSI board I have, I kept getting error in the event viewer, I moved the drives to another motherboard, then no problem.

That a possiblty tho, and gussing as well.

My best.
    Monday, August 6, 2007 3:23 PM
  • The symptions for HD not being reconized by by Bios was consistent with other MBs.  I'm assuming it was new drive failure... has <150hrs use.

WHS working fine HD.

Saturday, August 11, 2007 1:59 AM