CRM 4.0 IFD to work through ISA 2004 - How to configure the ISA 2004 reverse proxy/web publish rule for it to work. RRS feed

• Question

• We have crm 4.0 with IFD 4.0 configured in a lab environment.  We are trying to get IFD with the Outlook client to work properly before putting on production environment.  The Outlook client always prompts for login and fails to authenticate while on the public Internet.

We have an external DNS entry for the CRM Lab instance.  The same DNS entry is also internal but with an 10.x.x.x IP.   We are just using Port 80 no SSL at this point.

Internally we can configure a Outlook client for the CRM lab it works perfectly and getting there via the WEB also works.  When testing with the same PC on the public Internet the Web based client prompts for login, once we put in the credentials it works via the Web CRM Interface.  But for the Outlook client it again prompts for login but fails even with valid credentials while on the public internet.

I believe its the Reverse Proxy rule on the ISA 2004 cluster for the CRM lab that is not right.   Should we be using Windows Integrated authentication?  Should "Requests appear to come from the Isa Server be checked" or "Request appear to come from original sender"  I've tried both and they didn't work.  My understanding is that when it's working it should seamlessly connect to the CRM server with the Outlook client up. 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• Moved by Paul TurleyMVP Saturday, October 9, 2010 6:24 AM Post has nothing to do with Reporting Services (From:SQL Server Reporting Services)
    Friday, October 8, 2010 8:24 PM

All replies