Registry Cleaner & Optimizer? RRS feed

• Question

• As part of it's Tuneup feature set, will Windows Live OneCare version 2.0 include a built-in Registry cleaner and optimizer? (Perhaps something similiar to the one which the Windows Live OneCare onliine safety scanner utilizes?)

And if it is not a part of it as of yet, any chance of it being added for version 2.0?

thanks,
    Laurence
    Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:24 PM

Answers

• Since it has not been provided at this point in the beta release, I'm pretty sure we won't see it for 2.0 - though I could certainly be wrong. Thanks for the feedback.

-steve

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:08 PM

All replies

• Since it has not been provided at this point in the beta release, I'm pretty sure we won't see it for 2.0 - though I could certainly be wrong. Thanks for the feedback.

-steve

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:08 PM
  • Actually, though it isn't a complete Registry Cleaner, the new Startup Cleaner feature performs the most important portion of this function by helping you reduce the number of applications running on your machine. This has far more effect on the speed of operation of your PC than a few extra entries in the registry, which simply take a few kbytes of space in a file that's typically 20MB or larger.

See this Wiki entry for information about the feature and how it works:

http://channel9.msdn.com/wiki/default.aspx/OneCare.StartupCleaner

OneCareBear

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:49 PM