none
email alerts to thread updates no longer working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I no longer get email alerts. I have tried changing it to a different email account, have "authorised" the accounts multiple times.

The last alert I had was 10/6/2010

I have many threads in my alerts, I don't think new threads are added to this list. Old threads no longer alert my by email either even though I am subscibed to them

Any suggestions?

thanks

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks
    Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Subscribe: RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    • Moved by Mike Kinsman Wednesday, July 6, 2011 5:30 PM moving to forums issues (From:TechNet Website Feedback)
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 11:14 AM

Answers

• This issue is resolved now with the latest forum update; the auto-alert subscriptions are working again.
    Jeff Schertz, Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP
    Friday, July 15, 2011 1:33 PM

All replies

• I'm seeing the same behaivior but it's not just that the email isn't working but that the auto-subscribe to alerts function is not working correctly when posting replies.  I've tried toggling the setting but it has made no impact.  The last alert I received was on July 4th.
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:00 PM
  • So the email alerts are arriving correctly now, it's just the auto-subscribe feature is not working, I have to manually enable alerts in each thread I post in.
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:19 PM
  •  

thanks for the feedback I'll give that a try.

I have got email alerts for this thread (which I started rather than replied to) which would suggest its auto subscribe.

"alert me" does show ticked by default in my replies (using Firefox 5)

Just trying the button at the top right now - thanks

Technet guys - looks like a bug?

thanks

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks
    Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Subscribe: RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 2:18 PM
  • Can you please describe, in detail, what you mean by " I have to manually enable alerts in each thread I post in."?

I have been trying that (I think) for the past two weeks with no beneficial effect.

I unchecked the default alert in my profile and checked "Alert me..." on each response I posted (over 50). I have received no email alerts at all.

Now that it's July 7th, I'm waiting for the promised fix in the "July 7th forums software release".

Thursday, July 7, 2011 6:31 PM
  • Look at your 'My Threads' link and see if each of the threads contain a little 'bell' icon next to them.  Normally if you have the auto-alert setting enabled then all those threads should have that.  But recently that has stopped working so if you view each thread you can click the 'Alert Me' on the original question.  This is manually subscribe you to the thread and then you should start getting email alerts again.

Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:52 PM
  • This issue is resolved now with the latest forum update; the auto-alert subscriptions are working again.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 1:33 PM
  • This issue hasn't been resolved as I am still not getting any emails when a thread I am following changes.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 11:03 PM
  • I suspect this latest batch of alerts not arriving is the typical Sunday effect (where every two or three weeks alerts stop working and no one notices until they get to work on Monday morning Eastern Pacific Time (or 3pm my time)).

Certainly I only just started having problems with my alerts - they have been working apart from the odd Sunday for the period since the beginning of June when others have had problems.

Mike Walsh

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Monday, July 18, 2011 11:11 AM
  • I suspect this latest batch of alerts not arriving is the typical Sunday effect (where every two or three weeks alerts stop working and no one notices until they get to work on Monday morning Eastern Pacific Time (or 3pm my time)).

Certainly I only just started having problems with my alerts - they have been working apart from the odd Sunday for the period since the beginning of June when others have had problems.

Mike Walsh

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

Surely there's someone that could look into these issues outside the standard 8am-5pm Mon-Fri timeframes given that these forums play a huge part in supporting the Microsoft community.
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Monday, July 18, 2011 11:30 AM