none
Admins - Request for improvement to the text editor on this forum

Question

• The current text editor has a serious bug.  Please can Admins fix this and also give us some text formatting capabilities including choice of font, font size and font colour and the ability to include screen shots of our apps as .jpg images?

Here is a demonstration of the most serious bug ... If I create a new paragraph like this, and then press backspace to link it to the previous paragraph, this happens. Ugh!

And then when I carry on typing, I cannot easily change the font from this tiny font which is not readable. So please don't blame users for creating illegible posts, when the fault lies with the text editor.

The only way to revert to the legible font is to copy and paste some text that was not "corrupted", which is what I have done for this sentence.

Thanks,

Rob

If "Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage", then how come I can't remember my lines?

Monday, January 14, 2013 1:30 PM

All replies

• Use html code to give different fonts etc. :)

EDIT: To make clear, this is just a workaround until then and is also just answering part of your question.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

• Edited by Livio von Büren Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:54 AM additional important information
    Monday, January 14, 2013 1:53 PM
  • Looks like when you delete a </P> a <span style="font-size:0.75em;line-height:1.5;"> is added. The forum is using a big name third party editor, but I am unable to reproduce the same behavior using the same editor (I am getting <BR> instead of <P> when editing, for example). Maybe the version forum team uses is not the one I have.

Visual C++ MVP

Monday, January 14, 2013 11:50 PM
  • Rob,

"...and also give us some text formatting capabilities including choice of font, font size and font colour..."

Relating to this I gave you some sort of a workaround. How you can see in my signature, I changed my colour so part of it should work.

Has nothing to do with spamming or abusing.

I also don't understand how I am advertising for something.

I did not answer any other part of your question, that's right.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:38 AM
  • Hi Livio,

I apologize for my earlier comment and tried to delete it.  Nevertheless I cannot find how to change the default text editor to one that allows me to input the sort of fancy text that you seem able to incorporate. I see an "HTML" button that allows input of HTML, but nothing allows correction or reformatting of basic text that is typed directly into the text editor.  That is what I was asking about and I guess I need to persuade the Admins to fix it.

The problem of mis-formatting after using backspace to join paragraphs together seems to have been fixed.  This is an example which used to create the error.  I am not sure who to thank, but thanks whoever you are!

Thanks,

Rob

If "Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage", then how come I can't remember my lines?

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:53 PM
  • Also cannot reproduce now but, if that's the case, the following may help.

When you press Enter here, <p> will be used to break paragraphs.

When you use Shift-Enter, <br /> will be used instead.

• Edited by cheong00 Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:54 AM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:54 AM