none
Real newb question - how do I find required user/password? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I'm just trying to setup a connection between my Acer laptop and HP PC. Both run Vista 64. I can send files back and forth with the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard, but I don't seem to be able to sync. Sync Centre won't recognize the other computer...both ways...and sync toy is asking for a username and password...and I have no idea what those could possibly be. My PC doesn't have a password. I know the username, but there is no password. I leave the "password" box blank, but synctoy won't connect. If anybody cold answer this or point me to the right FAQ...I can't find this answer anywhere...I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Friday, January 21, 2011 4:33 PM

All replies

• If you do not log in with a user password, then your password is blank. There is, at least on XP, a setting that prevents shedule tasks from running applications on a user account with a blank password. It is possible to change that setting. It can be found in this location: Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only. Change this from enabled to disabled. At least that worked for me.
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:51 PM