Duplicate Detection Jobs RRS feed

• Question

• Will or should a duplicate detection job find duplicates if they have already been deleted (is deleted attribute = 1)

We have some records imported into the base table for an entity but their deleted status is 1 and therefore they are not in the filtered view for that entity nor visibile in CRM.  Some appear to be duplicates.  Will a duplicate detection job examine the contents of the base and extension base tables to find duplicates?

Thanks

Robert

Monday, November 25, 2013 7:14 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Deleted records would not be counted during execution of duplicate detection jobs.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:45 AM
  • Thanks

What then would be the best way to remove a record from the base and extension table knowing that doing so directly in the DB is not supported?

Robert

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:31 PM
  • I believe you have CRM 4.0 because for 2011 and 2013 once record is deleted in CRM it is deleted in DB as well.

In CRM 4.0 deletion of marked for deletion records is done with Deletion Service. So you need to wait some time and all the records would be deleted from DB. Recheck following article please - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd904031.aspx

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:16 PM