Termination tag causing invalid markup issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

I like to ensure my site passes markup validation using http://validator.w3.org/. When I add the Live Authentication snippett to my homepage it causes validation problems. Will it cause an authenication problem if I remove the termination tag "/" from the end of the snippett? If I can make this minor change without causing a problem I can maintain valid markup as well as Live authentication.

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:46 PM

Answers

• Hey Phil, there is a bug in our Metatag validation process which requires the tag to include the termination tag. We're working on a fix now, and should have it deployed soon.

nate

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:18 AM
  • For security reasons, we need to keep the meta tags there (with the termination tag) because we validate you everytime you log into the tools. However, once we roll out the fix for this issue, you should be able to remove the termination tag - but you'll still need to keep the meta tag in place.

regards,
    nate
    Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:33 AM

All replies

• Hey Phil, there is a bug in our Metatag validation process which requires the tag to include the termination tag. We're working on a fix now, and should have it deployed soon.

nate

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:18 AM
  • Thanks Nate! I put the termination tag back in. How do we know when our sites have been authenicated? Can we remove the whole authentication snippitt, or at least the termination tag at that point?

Phil 

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:07 AM
  • For security reasons, we need to keep the meta tags there (with the termination tag) because we validate you everytime you log into the tools. However, once we roll out the fix for this issue, you should be able to remove the termination tag - but you'll still need to keep the meta tag in place.

regards,
    nate
    Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:33 AM
  • Thanks again Nate!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:49 PM