SyncToy 2.1 upgrade has only 3, not 5 folder actions RRS feed

• Question

• I now have a 64 bit win7 PC so I installed synctoy 2.1 ( had been using 2.0 on old pc and thumbdrives).   first think I noticed was the warning about syncing - but I did  not have 2.0 on my new PC to sync with.  Second thing was that there are now only 3 options for folder actions ( the option I had been using to contribute both ways in one action is gone.  what's up with that?  Second thing I noticed when I ran it was it copied every file, not just the new ones.  I have not run it a second time to see if it will copy them all every time or if this was a first time problem.  I saw a similar problem described in forums for the 2.0 version. 

Help file still says there are 5 actions - but only lists 3 - will the other two be forthcoming in a future release?:

Definitions of SyncToy Actions

SyncToy can perform five actions on folder pairs.

• Synchronize: New and updated files are copied both ways. Renames and deletes on either side are repeated on the other.
    • Echo: New and updated files are copied left to right. Renames and deletes on the left are repeated on the right.
    • Contribute: New and updated files are copied left to right. Renames on the left are repeated on the right. No deletions.

Select any of the action names to see more details.

Monday, February 7, 2011 5:50 PM