Can I use enquiries and cases in the same module? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm doing a functional spec for a unique service department who needs to record all the general enquiries coming in via email, phone calls, walk-ins and webform - which Enquiries seems a perfect match. But the main task is to carry out a service which involves scheduling, appointment handling, managing follow-ups and outcomes, etc. - I'm thinking to use Cases for this.

Has anyone used both in the same module before? Any thoughts on what the issues/confilicts it may cause?

Many thanks,

Friday, February 28, 2014 10:19 AM

All replies

• Hi _Liqun,

Based on what you stated, I would definitely suggest using the Case Entity, since the Service module in Dynamics CRM is pretty sturdy in handling requirements like this where you can capture enquiries in phone calls, emails and convert them to Case out-of-the-box. Also, scheduling, appointment handling, follow-ups are pretty much available out-of-the-box. So, yes Case is good option in this scenario.

Friday, February 28, 2014 10:33 AM
  • Thank you, Dynamotion.

Would it be a problem to use enquiries so I have a much simpler form for the general enquires without mixing up with a geniuine case?

Friday, February 28, 2014 3:06 PM