Unresolved Email Addresses Disappear with CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• We use advanced find to locate all emails that have an unresolved email address. When opening one of these messages, we would normally see the unresolved address in red with a question mark next to it. Clicking on the unresolved address would give us the option to create a new contact or link the address to an existing one.

Since upgrading to CRM 2013 (server and all Outlook plugins), this no longer works. Upon opening the email, you briefly see the unresolved address in red with a question mark as normal, but it quickly disappears after the message has finished loading. The only thing left behind is the semicolon that separates it from the next address. For example, you briefly see this when opening the message:

recipient 1;unresolved recipient;recipient 2

But the unresolved address disappears after loading, leaving only this:

recipient 1;;recipient 2

As such, we can no longer resolve these recipients since we can no longer click on them. Has anyone else run into this issue or know what might be going on? Otherwise, is there any other way that we can resolve these recipients?

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:04 AM

Answers

• I have now been in contact with Microsoft regarding this issue.

Rollup 1 should have fixed the issue but did not.

It is currently scheduled for update rollup 3. 

• Marked as answer by limelight Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:54 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 11:16 AM

All replies

• Are you using CRM on premise? If so what rollup?

I just tested creating an email in CRM Online and used a resolved recipient and an unresolved recipient and both remained in tact after saving and reloading.

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 6:18 AM
  • We are using CRM on premise. Everything worked fine when we were using CRM 2011 rollup 14. The problem started after upgrading to CRM 2013. Current version is CRM 2013 6.0.0.809 (2013 RTM with no rollup).
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:44 PM
  • UR1 was released a few weeks ago.  I'd test that and see if it resolves your issue.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:45 PM
  • Thanks. I'll try UR1 and report back what happens.
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:46 PM
  • I have applied update rollup 1 to the server and have updated the Outlook plugin as well. Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem. What makes this more interesting is that UR1 appears to mention this issue:

"When email activity with unresolved email recipient is created and saved, on load on email, value in TO field is hidden, field is empty." (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2891271/en-us)

This sounds like the issue we are experiencing. Even though the update claims to fix the problem, it did not work for us.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 4:19 PM
  • That does sound like the issue you're facing. Can you confirm that both the server and database are rollup 1 when you click the Cog menu -> About.

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Thursday, January 9, 2014 7:20 PM
  • Here is what I get. It seems to confirm that both are up to date.

Note that I'm using Chrome here. However, the problem occurs whether you use Chrome, IE or the Outlook plugin.

Doing a "view source" on the page returned from CRM, you can see the spot where the missing contact should be but there is no data there. This confirms that the problem is not a formatting issue or browser rendering problem, but that the data simply isn't there.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 7:41 PM
  • Did you ever manage to resolve the issue?<o:p></o:p>

We have the same problem :-(<o:p></o:p>

I have just reported it to Microsoft Premier Support.

• Proposed as answer by Allen Campbell Monday, February 24, 2014 11:15 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Allen Campbell Monday, February 24, 2014 11:15 AM
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:20 PM
  • Unfortunately, we haven't found any solution to this problem yet. If you get a response from MS support, please post back here with what you find out.
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:47 PM
  • We have the same problem...

Have anyone resolved this issue yet?

Friday, February 21, 2014 10:58 AM
  • I have applied update rollup 1 to the server and have updated the Outlook plugin as well. Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem. What makes this more interesting is that UR1 appears to mention this issue:

"When email activity with unresolved email recipient is created and saved, on load on email, value in TO field is hidden, field is empty." (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2891271/en-us)

This sounds like the issue we are experiencing. Even though the update claims to fix the problem, it did not work for us.

We have this problem with the From field, not the TO field...
    Friday, February 21, 2014 11:55 AM

• Marked as answer by limelight Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:54 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 11:16 AM

Thanks for posting. Looks like all we can do now is wait.
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:55 PM