Can't Install Windows Home Server Help!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I went through the whole install process, but when setup completes and I try to boot from the harddrive I get a error message:

***STOP:0X0000007B (0XF789EA94,0XC00000034,0X00000000,0X00000000)

What do I do!?!?!

Thursday, December 16, 2010 11:18 PM

All replies

• You need to supply the correct storage drivers.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, December 17, 2010 1:25 AM
  • How?
    Friday, December 17, 2010 1:35 AM
  • Have you ever built a computer and installed an operating system before? If not, you may want to consider buying an OEM server such as the HP MediaSmart, Acer Easystore, etc., as you'll probably have a better experience with it.
    Friday, December 17, 2010 2:30 AM
  • I have installed a opperating system, but I have never had this kind of problem. Where can I get the drivers for my toshiba hard drive?
    Friday, December 17, 2010 11:42 AM
  • You need drivers for the hard disk controller. Try your motherboard manufacturer; if you're installing on a prebuilt system (an old desktop, for example), try the OEM.

And I'm going to repeat my suggestion that you consider an OEM server, rather than trying to build your own. Building your own server presumes a fairly high level of technical expertise, well above the average (driver issues are only one of many things that you should be able to deal with), and this isn't the best place to get an education, I'm afraid.

Friday, December 17, 2010 1:51 PM
  • Try going into the motherboard BIOS (probably by pressing the delete key as the machine first turns on) and changing anything that says "SATA ENHANCED" or "AHCI" to "Compatibility" or "IDE Mode".

Sunday, December 19, 2010 12:10 AM
  • You need drivers for the hard disk controller. Try your motherboard manufacturer; if you're installing on a prebuilt system (an old desktop, for example), try the OEM.

And I'm going to repeat my suggestion that you consider an OEM server, rather than trying to build your own. Building your own server presumes a fairly high level of technical expertise, well above the average (driver issues are only one of many things that you should be able to deal with), and this isn't the best place to get an education, I'm afraid.

Not recommended.

Just change it to ide mode and you will have a much better experians than een overpriced oem systeem.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:27 PM