Don't forget to check for bugs! RRS feed

• General discussion

• So my WHS stopped working. The box would restart when the power button was pressed, stay on for a little while, then power itself off. Too short a while for me to connect to it. I then realised that the box was strangely silent. So I opened it up.

Yes, a bug had got caught in the CPU fan! Easily fixed, of course, but it was a true Grace Hopper moment. :)

Amidst all this wonderful complex technology, it's worth remembering and checking the simple things.

qts
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 10:38 PM

All replies

• lol!

(Exclamation point and comment added because "Body must be 4 to 6000 characters long" :) )

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 11:02 PM
  • Nice, that's hillarious

So what kind of bug? :)

Friday, May 21, 2010 11:01 PM
    Yes, a bug had got caught in the CPU fan! Easily fixed, of course, but it was a true Grace Hopper moment. :)

Oh, yes, I forgot this earlier: you might want to move your server out of your basement, or put better filtration on the cabinet it's mounted in. :)
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, May 22, 2010 1:05 PM
  • Thanks for that laugh!

(see above, for that first bug...)
    "Quentin Stephens" wrote in message news:7511afc9-40b1-4ead-b4b6-1adbad198514...

So my WHS stopped working. The box would restart when the power button was pressed, stay on for a little while, then power itself off. Too short a while for me to connect to it. I then realised that the box was strangely silent. So I opened it up.

Amidst all this wonderful complex technology, it's worth remembering and checking the simple things.

qts

Bill Sanderson
    Monday, May 24, 2010 11:54 PM