Visual Studio 2015 Git --no-ff Merge: how to view all changes RRS feed

• Question

• In Visual Studio 2013, when I merge a feature branch using --no-ff, I would be able to go into "outgoing commits" and see my merge changeset with a commit message something like "Merge branch 'FeatureBranch' into Integration".  Double clicking on it would show all of the changes made under the feature branch at the same time, which was really useful for doing code reviews before pushing the changes to a remote branch (rather than go through all of the small commits I made during development).

In Visual Studio 2015, however, the commit details simply say "There are no changes in this commit".  I can open Visual Studio 2013 and see all of the changes, but they do not show up in 2015.  Is there a setting that I am missing in 2015, or was this removed?

• Moved by Tina-Shi Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:07 AM related to git
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hi DigiDarchuk,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Since this forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

However, as you said the git with no-ff feature for this VS2015 issue. Since this Git is a third-party tool, we are not support.

Therefore, I suggest you could ask this issue directly to this Git site:http://git-scm.com/community for better respond.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Tina-Shi Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:28 AM
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:28 AM
  • It is not a problem with Git, it is a difference in how Visual Studio interprets Git, which doesn't have anything to do with Git.

Thanks for your understanding!

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 7:35 PM
  • Seriously! Microsoft is recommending Git. Git is the go to for VSTS and Visual Studio. Microsoft has fallen in love with Git.

Does anyone have an answer to this problem? It is still happpening 18 months later, with no valid responses. This is the ONLY place on the internet that has the exact phrase, vsts "There are no changes in this commit."

Help please.

Monday, February 6, 2017 11:53 PM