Urgent warning RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Live OneCare and have received a warning message that indicates urgent need for resolution.  The color of the "1" balloon is red.  The message states: "OneCare has encountered a problem and might not be protecting this P.C."  The only action recommended is to go to the help center.  I have not been able to find any help there.  Obviously there is a problem, but there is no specific instruction as to what the problem is or how to resolve it.
    Can someone HELP me please.urgent warning

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 5:39 PM

Answers

• If I'm not too late, the following may actually be an easier fix - I always overlook this when I see a post with the problem that you've encountered.

Check the date and time on your PC. If it is incorrect, the problem you encountered could happen.

The second possibility is a little harder, but can still be fixed:

The permissions on the OneCare folder may need to be reset by using the following steps

1. Click Start->Run->Type “CMD(In Vista, type cmd in the search box, but don't hit enter and then right click command.exe and select and “Run as Administrator”)
    2. Type    CACLS "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live" /t /g administrators:f
    3. Type “Y” when prompted.
    4. Restart the machine

Please let us know what resolves it.

-steve

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 9:36 PM

All replies