convert personal dashboard to system dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I've created a dashboard with some default webparts. I think the components used to be called webparts in SharePoint, what are they called in CRM?

Anyway, the dashboard I've created is only visible to me and not to any other users.  I think CRM describes this as a "personal dashboard" as opposed to a "system dashboard."

So how can I convert a personal dashboard that is only viewable by me into a system dashboard that is viewable by everyone? Also, is there a way for me to set a particular dashboard as the default dashboard displayed to users?
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 1:33 AM

All replies

• There are two ways of creating a 'system dashboard'

1. In order to retain the ownership of the dashboard which you created, select the dashboard and select 'Share' (in the actions pane in the ribbon bar) and then assign the read, write, delete, append, assign and share permission to the user(s) / team(s). 

2. Another way to is create the dashboard directly in the solution and publish it. This dashboard will be available in system dashboard. Select the dashboard and then 'Set this as default' .(You will see this option right above the definition are. Hint: Set the component type as 'Dashboard')

Although there are many articles on dashboards, you can read this one for starters.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2010/10/12/tracking-your-data-using-microsoft-dynamics-crm-dashboards.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2010/10/20/microsoft-dynamics-crm-dashboards-for-techies.aspx

Farhan Syed ------------------------------------------------------ The postings are solely my own and do not represent or constitute my partner organizations views, strategies, comments or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Farhan Syed Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:46 AM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:19 AM
  • Hi

Try clicking on the Export button on the ribbon when viewing your personal dashboard. Save te file to your machine and then import it as a system dashboard in your solution.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

• Proposed as answer by Roshan Mehta Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:16 AM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:16 AM
  • Hi Roshan,

Can you please share all the steps, how to do convert this to system dashboard?

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 9:26 PM