One Care Circle Questions RRS feed

• Question

• I installed one care on my desktop... I then installed it on my laptop, but when I try to activate it in the one care circle it says that my email address isn't registered or something like that.  I checked and I do have an account under that name.  Also, when I click on one care circle it gives me three options on my laptop, making it a PC hub is one of them, but on my desktop it only gives me two options, it doesn't give me that option of making it the PC hub (and that's the one I'd want it to because I'm on the internet more frequently with the desktop).  Hmm, can someone help?

Saturday, August 9, 2008 3:33 AM

Answers

• Both PCs will need to be activated with the same LiveID in order for them to be a Circle and for one or both PCs to be made into a hub. Open OneCare on the desktop, which I believe was the original activated copy for your subscription from your post, and go to Help/About. The subscription ID shown is the LiveID that you need to activate the laptop install of OneCare with.

If you encounter problems with this, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, August 11, 2008 4:55 PM