Mail Merging a Letter RRS feed

• Question

• When i mail merge a letter, it only allows me to select primary contact as the first and last name of the person. Therefore when you write a letter it merges wrong. For example...a letter head is written like this

September 30, 2009

Ryan Klein
    1901 South Road
    Lombard, IL 60879

Dear Ryan,

Except when you mail merge it says Dear Ryan KLein, not just dear Ryan. So when i mail merge like 100 names it gets annoying to go back and erase everyones last name from the greeting line. any idea how to change this.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Ryan,

WHen you create a new merge letter, crm will autoselect an initial set of fields for you.  You can select additional fields from the contact entity OR related entities.  Make sure that 'first name' is selected so when you create the merge document you can then specify Dear 'First Name', instead of the default Dear 'full name'.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Ryan,

WHen you create a new merge letter, crm will autoselect an initial set of fields for you.  You can select additional fields from the contact entity OR related entities.  Make sure that 'first name' is selected so when you create the merge document you can then specify Dear 'First Name', instead of the default Dear 'full name'.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:16 PM
  • Where is the contact entity or related entities. I am mail merging right now and the only selection for name (first or last) is primary contact, and that gives me there whole name. 
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:40 PM