DLNA not working RRS feed

• Question

• Everyone probably says this but I am upto my wits with the DLNA situation im in.

Ok I have a LG LD550 tv and a HP 6450b laptop with win 7 and WMP 12. Until last week everything was working well. i.e. my music and video on my laptop was easily viewed on my TV where I put the media streaming to ON in WMP and ticked all options. Now for some reason it has all gone sour and my TV cannot detect the laptop. A little R&D show that my TV can detect eveything else like phone other laptops etc but not this laptop. I have checked every config but Im totally baffeled as to why it suddenly stopped working. even my phone which used to connect to my TV and laptop can no longer see my laptop but can only view the TV and vice versa.. the laptop seems to have some setting somewhere which eludes me.

Steps already done:

1. Allow internet access to home media - CHECK

2. Allow remote control of player - CHECK

3. Automatically allow devices to play my media - CHECK

4. Turn on Media sharing - CHECK

5. More streaming otions - Allow All - CHECK

Also Started the "Windows Media player Network Sharing Service" (logon as Local System)

What am I missing? Please help me.. Im loosing it. please help.

- Thanks, Anthony R

Thursday, March 24, 2011 3:25 PM

All replies

• I am told (by Barb Bowman) that maybe a dynamic IP on the router might be the problem. Tonight I will try reserving IP's on my router (not sure how to do this but will google it). Alternatively will also try Nero Media Home 4 which is supposed to be compatible with my specific TV.. from link http://lgknowledgebase.com/kb/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=6460

Will let you know how it all goes. Thank you

-Anthony

Friday, March 25, 2011 2:33 PM
  • What does this Post have to do with Windows Home Server?
    WHS_retail version
    Sunday, March 27, 2011 10:10 PM