Uninstall UR 12 from the Client? RRS feed

• Question

• Anybody have any luck uninstalling UR 12 from the Outlook Client? If I go into Programs and Features, select UR 12 and then click uninstall it asks for an .msi.

I opened a case with Microsoft and they said they could reproduce the issue but their answer was that UR 12 was un installable for the Client. I asked him where he got that info from and he told me their Dev team so I stopped questioning him on it. His answer was to uninstall the whole Outlook add in and re-install it. The issue with that is the uninstaller will check for updates and apply them automatically. We shut off windows updates and tried again but UR 12 still gets applied. 

The MS engineer said he was researching and would get back to me. Its been a week and he still cant give me a straight answer.

Anyways, has anyone else had any luck uninstalling UR 12 for the Outlook Client? I have a customer that has reported Outlook Crashing and an issue where the columns get removed when you search in the Outlook Client.

Usually when an UR is un installable they will tell you on the UR KB page. I think i may have just ran into a lazy engineer

Thanks!

Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:23 PM

Answers

• Here is how you can uninstall UR 12. I just tested this and it worked. I feel bad but I just sent a nasty gram to the MS Engineer that told me you can't uninstall it.

-Download the full Outlook Client install .exe and extract the .exe so you have the install files.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27821 

-Go in to Programs and Features and make sure you have the option to show updates.  

-Select UR 12 and then click uninstall, when you get prompt for install files point it to the .MSI file that we downloaded from step 1

Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:40 PM

All replies

• you said that the RU12 comes via updates, when u disable your internet connection for the installation and stop the windows update service before re-enabling, you should not get it again

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:42 PM
  • Rollup 12 has a lot of problems.  Our team is experiencing the same problems you listed here. 

So far, there is no fix in place nor are there any fixes forcasted.  It's good that Microsoft supports this forumn so we can talk about all of this, but it would be nice if we didn't have to waste our time talking about stuff they already know of.  Share your bug base with us, MS!  You would get a lot more done and it would be honest with your user community.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:47 PM
  • Thanks for the reply

The issue with this is that our customer has close to 200 users and telling all the users that they need to un plug the network cable or disable their wireless connection would cause confusion for them since they are located in different locations.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:21 PM
  • Regarding the uninstall process: I had some issues myself and needed to uninstall RU12. I ran into the same issue asking for the install files.

When installing (manually) I did create a CRM INSTALL folder on the desktop, where I downloaded the RU files, but deleted it. But luckily the folder was still in Trashcan, so I could restore it. So maybe you could place the RU install files into some folder and it would work (I also had the CRM client install files unpacked in the same folder).

The problem I had with RU12 was my outlook took ages to start (took ages to "Load Profile"), but after doing an complete uninstall of both Client & RU12 (and cleanup using these instructions: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/11752.dynamics-crm-2011-outlook-client-uninstall.aspx ) there are no slow start anymore.

Resultater med Microsoft CRM

Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:10 PM
  • Here is how you can uninstall UR 12. I just tested this and it worked. I feel bad but I just sent a nasty gram to the MS Engineer that told me you can't uninstall it.

-Download the full Outlook Client install .exe and extract the .exe so you have the install files.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27821 

-Go in to Programs and Features and make sure you have the option to show updates.  

-Select UR 12 and then click uninstall, when you get prompt for install files point it to the .MSI file that we downloaded from step 1

Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:40 PM