Length of contract RRS feed

• Question

•      I signed up for Live One Care In April, but my latest issue of Consumer Reports Said that you were discontinuing Live One Care in June 2009. Should I be worried 
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 7:11 PM

Answers

• No, the article you read just isn't clear.  Though OneCare will no longer be sold to new customers after June 30th, it will continue to be supported through the end of any subscription purchased up until the end of 2010.

The new free anti-malware only product from Microsoft, code named 'Morro', will become available sometime in the latter half of 2009 and will be offered to you for installation sometime after that.  You'll then have the choice of continuing to use your OneCare subscription until it ends or to switch to Morro or some other third-party program whenever you please.

I intend to continue using OneCare until I've had a chance to fully test Morro on one of my own systems.  Once I'm sure that will be sufficient protection, I will install that in place of OneCare on my own and several other family PCs I support.

See the 'Announcement 11-18-08' post at the top of this same forum for more complete information.

OneCareBear
    Windows OneCare Forum Moderator
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 7:43 PM