Open Existing Project RRS feed

• Question

• I have saved a number of completed panoramas using ICE 2.0, each with file extension '.spj'. However none will open when I start ICE and click 'Open existing project'; the error message given is simply 'Could not open the project file', with no further information.

Each .spj file is located in the folder from which the original images were imported to ICE. Should the .spj files be together in their own folder?

The program is quite brilliant; I am enormously impressed by the work of the researchers. Even more praise when I am able to reopen the projects.

Quite likely, I have missed something somewhere. Can anyone straighten me out?  

Sunday, February 22, 2015 3:06 PM

All replies

• The spj file is text and you can inspect its contents in a text editor like Notepad. My best guess is that one or more of the source images for the project have moved. If you open the spj in Notepad look for each instance of sourceImage filePath= and verify that the subsequent file is still a valid image.

Let me know how is goes and we can try some other debugging if that doesn't address the issue.  

Sunday, February 22, 2015 6:10 PM
  • This also could have happened if the images stayed in the same folder but were renamed.
    Thursday, February 26, 2015 11:01 AM